You have a website but it is something you hardly look at. You know it probably needs updated. Or you are just starting out and are considering building a website. Or you are looking to rebuild your current site with an idea of what you think you should be including in it. It’s all too technical and you are unsure where to start. It can be a daunting prospect to start this work, and often very confusing when you start to look around at services out there that can potentially help you.
Jargon free, and looking at both the technical build and the branding look and feel of your site, you will complete a bespoke Website Brief document that will equip you to either refresh or build your own site, or speak to web designers about the help that you need to create a fully-functioning website that will deliver results for your business.
We will also help you understand what your website is doing (or not doing) through your website analytics – a hugely powerful and free information tool that will help you make better business decisions based on what customers are looking at when they find you online. This goes beyond simply looking at visitor numbers. We make it a fun process too! You will be amazed at what you learn about your customers as we walk through this engaging course.
Covers the following questions:
- What should your website be doing?
- Does it reflect your brand accurately?
- What is your budget?
- What technical knowledge do you have?
- How much time can you spend on your website?
- Do you want to work on it yourself or have a designer work with you?
- What are your timescales?
- Do you know what your customers need and want from your site?
- How should you manage the site once the build is complete?
Whatever stage you are at, this course will walk you through all the things you need to do to get your website working beautifully for your business. You will gain a better understanding of all you need to know about a website for your business.
- Understand the Power of Google Analytics and How to Set Up an Account
- Understand which Key Metrics to Watch on Google Analytics
- Create Goals, Reports and Dashboards on Google Analytics
- Learn About the Benefits of a Website
- Arm Yourself with Info on whether to Build the Site or Outsource it